Below is a guide to set up and deploy this powerful process from the DNA Behavior Platform.
Experience for Leader:
The leader will first complete his or her Business DNA Natural Behavior Discovery, followed by the completion of the Leadership 360 Discovery, where they self-rate themselves on 75 individual items across 7 key areas related to leadership.
Experience for Raters:
Raters are nominate to participate in this process by either the leader directly, the leader’s manager or a firm's HR department. The raters review the leader on 75 individual items across 7 key areas related to leadership. A minimum of 5 raters are required to generate the report.
How to deploy this process within the DNA Behavior Platform:
- After logging into the DNA Behavior Platform, click on the Client tab.
- Select the Leader’s Client ID #, revealing the Leader’s detailed client page. From the Quick Links menu on the left, select “Create new Leadership 360.”
- Select the Email Option: Locate the dropdown menu under Email Options, and select CC: Email. Enter your company’s administrator email address to receive copies of all of the invitations sent to the leaders and raters. (Recommended)
- Populate the Raters nominated by the leader. Note, in this step you will provide the relationship that the rater has to the leader. The options for selection are: Manager, Peer, Direct Report, or Other.
- If you have a large number of raters, you can upload the list of Raters directly to this table on this page by filling in the appropriate information. You can select “Add More Rows” as needed. If you have a large number of Raters, you can select the link “Upload Rater Details: (from excel file).” Once you click this option, select “Download Sample.” Fill in the Excel sheet and save that Excel file onto your computer. Click “Choose File.”
- Once all Raters are entered click “Schedule and Send.”
- Behind the scenes, all of the Raters and the Leader should receive an email with the details for completing the Leadership 360° Discovery. If you selected to CC yourself on the emails, you will also receive a copy. The email they each receive is filed under “Customized Emails” for your company/group on the Admin page of the DNA Admin System.
- The raters and leaders will then begin to complete the discovery processes.
- Checking completion progress: periodically revisit this page to check the progress. If an individual needs to be reminded to complete the process or if they simply did not receive the original invite, select the button labeled "Resend".
- Generating the report: Once the leader, at least 5 raters, as well as the Leader's Business DNA Natural Behavior process have been completed the report is ready to be generated.
- We suggest that you take a moment to review the comments provided by the raters to ensure that they are suited for the leader to read.
- Once you are ready to view the feedback report, Select the button labeled "Generate Report" to finalize the process.
Note: There is no way to edit the Leadership 360 records after it has been finalized. Please consider this prior to finalizing the report.
Frequently asked questions regarding the Leadership 360:
1.What do I do if the rater or leader did not receive their invitation email?
If a Rater has lost the email or never received it, there is an option in the DNA Admin to resend these invitations. Find the Leader being rated and click on their Client ID#. Under the Scheduled Processes chart, in the Column “Last Activity”, you will see where it says “See Rater Status.” This is the point from which you can resend the email to anyone listed. Click “Resend.”
2.How can I add more raters after sending the original invitations out?
You can also add more Raters on this page as long as the report has not been generated. After the report is generated, no changes can be made or raters added.
3.Can I review the written comments before the report is finalized?
Yes, if you feel that the comments may need to be reviewed or edited before generating the report, you can review them in this section. Make and save your edits before you select “Generate Report.”
4.After I select “Generate Report” where does the report generated?
The report will be available on the leader’s detail page. After logging into the DNA Behavior Platform, click on the Client tab. Next, select the client’s ID # for the Leader. Select the Leader’s Client ID #, revealing the Leader’s detailed client page. The PDF report will be available here.
5.I have finalized and generated the report. Can I go back and edit it after the fact?
No, there is no way to edit the Leadership 360 records after it has been finalized. Please consider this prior to finalizing the report.
6.What is the difference between the two Leadership 360 Reports?
There are two Leadership 360 reports. The “BDNA Leadership Performance Report (Coach)”, is intended for the coach, and is longer and more details. The “BDNA Leadership Performance Report is a shorter, 4 page summary report and is intended for the participant to read about his or her results independently. Note, all 4 pages of the summary version of the report are included in the coach’s version. The content is not different.